People are surprised to find various artificial plant and vertical gardens in the marketplace.
To help you choose the right product, we have asked Designer Plants in Melbourne Australia if we could repost this handy guide.
Five things to look out for when purchasing artificial vertical gardens.
1. Make sure you measure the space accurately, you can use Designer Plants artificial hedge calculator to assist.
2. Check the density of the leaves, some places will try and trick you into
purchasing hedges that have a lower leaf density, resulting in bald patches.
3. Check the quality of the stems – some hedges use poor quality plastics that dis-form,
have jagged edges and start falling off soon after receiving your artificial hedge.
4. Product warranties: make sure the product is backed by a guarantee against
fading and cracking. Some vertical gardens go blue within a few months of exposure to the
5. Check for dangerous chemicals or substances such as lead and mercury.
To save money some, manufacturers use toxic chemicals to stabilize the colour of the
hedge, we don’t. Toxic chemicals can harm you, your family and other people.